RE: Using IPaqs or other handhelds as penetration devices

From: Moser Max (MMoserat_private)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 23:06:59 PDT

    Hi there,

    Well about using ipaq's as pentest device...I have familiar/initmate
    linux on my ipaq installed. This device is used for pentesting wireless
    networks using Wellenreiter (http://www.remote-exploit.org). In addition
    when found the network, i run wepcrack/airsnort etc. When i got the
    access, i use nmap/nessus custom unix tools to do the network mapping
    and analysis. So i guess ipaq is a good small device for that, but
    remember for running a "good" linux u need a pcmcia/microdrive harddrive
    like the ibm microdrive. See http://www.handhelds.org for compatibility
    list etc. But maybe webpads
    Are better for this job, but they are expensive.
    You will find on our site soon the detailed howto about wellenreiter on
    ipaq etc. (We have to cleanup the english first :-) I someone needs it
    in prior you can get it from here (http://www.pin9.de/ipaq-how_en.txt).

    Hope this helps, otherwise feel free to join #wellenreiter on irc or
    visit my homepage
    At http://www.remote-exploit.org the home of the Wellenreiter (Wireless
    audit tool).

    Btw..for all you bsd users..we will soon release the new version with
    scanning support now also enabled in bsd.

    Greetings

    Max Moser

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/