FW: OPENSSL + NETCAT

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjungingerat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 10:41:19 PDT

    In conducting a pen-test, I have run into a situation where I would like
    to transmit data (without using cryptcat) by using OpenSSL and Netcat
    through the firewall and past the IDS (nothing but net...heheh..).   Any
    tips on how to "play catch" across the network using SSL and netcat on
    both the client and the server?  Thanks for the help!

    Schematic ?
    [pc]----files(over ssl)---->[firewall]--->[IDS]---->files(over ssl)
    --->[external server]

    		    [IDS]

    		    [DMZ]

    Jeremy

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/