Re: FW: OPENSSL + NETCAT

From: Jason Lunz (lunzat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:22:03 PDT

    jjungingerat_private said:
    > In conducting a pen-test, I have run into a situation where I would like
    > to transmit data (without using cryptcat) by using OpenSSL and Netcat
    > through the firewall and past the IDS (nothing but net...heheh..).   Any
    > tips on how to "play catch" across the network using SSL and netcat on
    > both the client and the server?  Thanks for the help!

    Assuming you can't just use scp, you should try socat. It's netcat++,
    and has ssl support. I don't know whether it can be an ssl server,
    though.

    --
    Jason Lunz			Reflex Security
    lunzat_private		http://www.reflexsecurity.com/

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/