Digital UNIX 5.60 recourses

From: Alex Balayan (balayanat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 07:00:30 PDT

    Hi all,

    I am conducting a penetration tests for a client running a cluster of
    Digital UNIX 5.60. All the server are exposed to the Internet.

    Below is an output of a nmap scan.

    Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
    Interesting ports on client.digital.unix.com(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX):
    (The 1579 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    Port       State       Service
    21/tcp     open        ftp
    23/tcp     open        telnet
    25/tcp     open        smtp
    53/tcp     open        domain
    80/tcp     open        http
    110/tcp    open        pop-3
    111/tcp    open        sunrpc
    139/tcp    filtered    netbios-ssn
    143/tcp    open        imap2
    436/tcp    open        dna-cml
    513/tcp    open        login
    514/tcp    open        shell
    515/tcp    open        printer
    587/tcp    open        submission
    1024/tcp   open        kdm
    1025/tcp   open        NFS-or-IIS
    1026/tcp   open        LSA-or-nterm
    1027/tcp   open        IIS
    1029/tcp   open        ms-lsa
    6000/tcp   open        X11
    6112/tcp   open        dtspc
    8081/tcp   open        blackice-icecap

    Disregard the netbios filter as that is filtered on the upstream router .

    I would appreciate is someone can provide any resource for exploitation
    techniques for Digital UNIX systems.

    Thanks in advance.

    PS. I have tried the usual password guessing for telnet and ftp

    Regards,

    Alex

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/