Re: Wireless Security Tools

From: Michael J McCafferty (mikeat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 12:37:02 PDT

    Andy,

    BSD Airtools is missing from your list. It's an excellent suite of wireless
    tools for BSD.

    Available from:
    http://www.dachb0den.com/projects/bsd-airtools.html

    Mike

    At 02:34 PM 8/25/2002 +0100, Talisker wrote:
    >Hi
    >I've been trying to compile a list of wireless security tools, I think it's
    >pretty much there with the exception of a few beta tools.  Or so I
    >think.........
    >
    >If you know of any other good tools out there could you kindly let me know
    >so that I can include them
    >
    >thus far I have:
    >
    >NetStumbler
    >Kismet
    >Fake AP
    >Wellenreiter
    >AirSnort
    >WaveStumbler
    >Wireless Scanner
    >Airosniff (need new URL)
    >AiroPeek
    >Stumbverter
    >AP Scanner
    >Sniffer Wireless
    >
    >salient details at  http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/wireless.htm
    >
    >Fake AP sounds quite interesting
    >" Black Alchemy's Fake AP generates thousands of counterfeit 802.11b access
    >points. Hide in plain sight amongst Fake AP's cacophony of beacon frames. As
    >part of a honeypot or as an instrument of your site security plan, Fake AP
    >confuses Wardrivers, NetStumblers, Script Kiddies, and other undesirables. "
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help
    >-andy
    >Taliskers Network Security Tools
    >http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

    >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    >Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    >automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    >https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

    Michael J. McCafferty
    M5 Computer Security
    858-576-7325 Voice
    PGP Key ID:   0x2206347F
    http://www.m5computersecurity.com
    --- "If you build it, they will hack !" ---