Re: z/OS, OS/390 Pen testing tips/ideas/papers?

From: miguel.dilajat_private
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 00:20:49 PST

    Hi Nick

    This post is so simple that I expect the moderator of pen-test to drop it
    ;-)
    I've no former experience with pen-testing mainframes, but I've a bit of
    info I discovered while sniffing a network.
    In this network there was an IBM AS/400 with OS/400 v4.2, accessed using
    Client Access from NT machines.
    The info you can sniff from the wire "looks" like garbage, but if you look
    at it using EBCDIC (not ASCII) all communications were in clear text.
    I did some research at this time, and it seems that there's a patch for
    OS/400 v4.3 and above to implement SSL encryption.
    Kind regards,

    Miguel Dilaj

    "Nick Jacobsen" <nickat_private>
    28/01/2003 13:24