Re: z/OS, OS/390 Pen testing tips/ideas/papers?

From: Rainer Duffner (rainer@ultra-secure.de)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 05:57:24 PST

    Nick Jacobsen writes:

    > Hi all,
    >     One of my clients has an IBM OS/390 running on one of their networks
    >     I am doing some security testing on, and considering I really have
    >     not dealt with any IBM mainframes before when it comes to security,
    >     I was hoping that some of you might be able to point me the right
    >     direction.  Anything would  be helpful, but especially from a
    >     penetration viewpoint.

    Are you attacking from internal or external ?
     From internal, you first need a 3270-capable telnet-emulation, like x3270.

    Then, go back in the archives to June or so, where I posed the same question
    and got some default-passwords, which you can try.

    Rainer
    Rainer Duffner                   Munich
    rainer@ultra-secure.de          Germany
    http://www.i-duffner.de        Freising
        When shall we three meet again
      In thunder, lightning, or in rain?

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/