RE: z/OS, OS/390 Pen testing tips/ideas/papers?

From: Steven Lane (steve.laneat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 02:56:33 PST

    Nick,

    I am focusing on IBM WebSphere MQ security at the moment.  One of the  most
    common platforms that this runs on is OS/390 or z/OS.  Since WMQ can be
    compromised if the OS is compromised, I am interested in any penetration
    test methods or weaknesses that exist in 'big box' security. I would like to
    put together an attack tree for z/OS or OS/390 and understand the
    vulnerabilities of these systems. I would appreciate it for would forward
    anything you find to me or any really good URLs.

    Kind Regards

    Steve

    Steven Lane
    Information Security Consultant