Re: Using ARP to map a network

From: Jason Lewis (jlewisat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 16:32:53 PST

    This may be part of my problem.  I have a list of IPs and MACs.  There are
    multiple MACs tied to a single IP.  I was under the impression this data
    was gathered from ARP tables from several machines across the network.

    I figured the reason I was seeing multiple MACs for a single IP was
    because the router responded for the IP behind it.  Any other explanation
    for what I am seeing?

    jas