RE: Host review on a Fujitsu OS?

From: Davi Ottenheimer (dottenheimerat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 10:49:23 PST

    The GS8300 has Fujitsu sparc RISC processors (similar to UltraSparc) and
    therefore run a modified version of Solaris.

    You should ask whomever gave you your other assessment guides to give you
    one on Solaris...I'm guessing you are not expected to do a very
    detailed/thorough assessment on a totally unfamiliar platform, so it seems
    most of the Solaris tests and general pentest guides should point you in the
    right direction.

    Review the Fujitsu site, if you want to review the current vuln of the
    system you are on, and look at the recommended patches and advisories for
    Solaris OE:

    http://software.fujitsu.com/en/security/main.html

    Davi Ottenheimer, CISSP                      Synchron Networks, Inc.
    Chief Security Engineer                      www.synchronnetworks.com
    email: mailto:daviat_private      100 Enterprise Way, C230