Re: Defeating nmap fingerprinting on OpenBSD

From: Jonas Eriksson (jeat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:10:32 PDT

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 perat_private wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I wonder if anyone successfully have configured OpenBSD to defeat the nmap
    > os-fingerprinting option.
    >
    > I've tried using different option in pf, the OpenBSD packetfilter and by
    > using IPlog. Never made any success.There are several instructions based on
    > these techniques, but they don't seem to do the trick.

    See,

    http://voodoo.somoslopeor.com/papers/nmap.html
    http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sec2000/full_papers/smart/smart_html/index.html

    > Best regards,
    >
    > Per Nilla

    Regards,
    Jonas Eriksson

    --
     Favourite pickup line: Hey baby, wanna synchronize sequence numbers?
     Warning: not always effective

    Costs are climbing and complaints are rising
    as SPAM overloads your e-mail servers and Inboxes
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
    and gives you the reports to prove it.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-pen-test2
    Download a free trial and see just
    what's going in and out of your organization.