Strange service on Port 5656

From: B F (zaphod_b71at_private)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 10:19:26 PDT

    Dear PenTesters,

    while conducting one of those tests this list was made
    for, I stumbled over a TCP Service on Port 5656. If I
    netcat on this port the following "banner" is displayed:
    ",!-

    When I enter something at this prompt the
    connection is closed immediately. Nessus detects this
    service as time server, can anyone confirm/ deny that?
    If this is no time server did someone see this banner
    before? The host in question is a SuSE Linux System and
    has a vulnerable (OpenSSH 2.1.1) SSH daemon running,
    so maybe this service is part of a rootkit?

    Thanks in advance for any hints
    BF

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-pen-test