Re: Scanning for trojans

From: cdowns (cdownsat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 15:10:35 PDT

    Is this a windows based trojan ? if so you could write a quick NASL
    plugin checking remote registry for this trojan and get network output.

    I guess we ( I ) would need more information on the trojan, atleast the
    platform OS that you believe is contaminated.

    ~!>D

    Discussion Lists wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I have discovered what I believe is a trojan on a port that is a
    >non-standard port for that particular trojan, but I want to narrow down
    >the possibilities of what it could be.  Can anyone suggest a trojan
    >scanner that can detect a trojan by simply scanning for open ports, and
    >connecting?
    >
    >Thanks

    >Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    >world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    >Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    >The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    >sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    >ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-pen-test

          Network Security Engineer
          http://www.angrypacket.com
           Christopher M Downs,RHCE
         cdownsat_private

       char ash[]="\x48\x61\x69\x6C\x20"
       "\x74\x6F\x20\x74\x68\x65\x20\x4B"
       "\x69\x6E\x67";

    Did you know that you have VNC running on your network?
    Your hacker does.
    Plug your security holes.
    Download a free 15-day trial of VAM:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/StillSecure-pen-test