RE: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review

From: Pete Herzog (listsat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 14:35:41 PDT

    Hi,

    About 80% of my packet throwing needs (not necessarily port scanning per se)
    are covered by the following:

    1. nmap
    2. sing
    3. nemesis
    4. hping2
    5. ftester (firewall tester)

    As for packet sniffers- I stick with tcpdump and ettercap.

    Sincerely,
    -pete.

    Pete Herzog
    Managing Director
    Institute for Security and Open Methodologies
    www.isecom.org
    www.osstmm.org

    ISECOM is the OSSTMM Professional Security Tester (OPST) and OSSTMM
    Professional Security Analyst (OPSA) certification authority.

    Did you know that you have VNC running on your network?
    Your hacker does.
    Plug your security holes.
    Download a free 15-day trial of VAM:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/StillSecure-pen-test