internal IP address revealed by e-mail

From: Vel (velat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 08:06:53 PDT

    HI all,

    question I have is:

    If e-mail header reveals the internal IP address of the sender (10.x.x.x),
    then how can this info be used for mapping the internal network.

    i.e, yes, I can use Firewalk. but the question is how. 10.x.x.x. is
    non-routable Internet address.

    and the Firewalk documentation explains itself by using 10.x.x.x address
    space.

    But if I am on public INternet outside of the victim's firewall DMZ, how can
    issue a command like Firewalk 10.0.0.1 ?  I am just going to get Request
    Timed out !

    Any Firewalk gurus out there ?

    thanks.

    Did you know that you have VNC running on your network?
    Your hacker does.
    Plug your security holes.
    Download a free 15-day trial of VAM:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/StillSecure-pen-test