Re: Port Scanners / Sniffers Review

From: Fyodor (fyodorat_private)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 23:55:00 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 11:47:03AM +0530, Sam wrote:

    > I would be interested in knowing how penetration testers rate various
    > port scanners and packet sniffers?
    >
    > What would be the top five tools you would recommend?

    Last week in an Nmap users survey I asked exactly that (except for up
    to 8 tools).  I was amazed that 1854 people responded and I found the
    results pretty interesting.  So I wrote up a page describing the top
    75:

    http://www.insecure.org/tools.html

    Cheers,
    Fyodor

    Did you know that you have VNC running on your network?
    Your hacker does.
    Plug your security holes.
    Download a free 15-day trial of VAM:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/StillSecure-pen-test