Re: Pen testing a CVS server

From: Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux (sarumanat_private)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 12:20:26 PDT

    On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 07:17:09AM -0700, Bugsy wrote:

    > Checking passwords
    > cvs -d :pserver:rootat_private:/wrong/cvs/root
    > login
    > Tells me if i got the root password right or not.

    	Hmm, I've never been in any environement where CVS didn't have it's
    own, separate, password and group files. So this should not yield an actual
    user passwords. Assuming the password is different then the system one.

    	I agree that the error messages should be terser in order to leak
    less information, possibly with an n seconds timeout after an error.

    Alex