RE: Tools for voicemail testing?

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 11:27:53 PDT

    That's a wardialer, not a voicemail application.  In fact, THC-Scan will do
    the opposite of what he wants, as it detects modems instead of voice lines.
    What he's looking for is something that can try brute-forcing of voicemail
    passwords, for example.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything
    out there, but it might not be too tricky to gin something up if you're a
    decent windows programmer; there are DTMF generation OCX controls out there.
    The trick, I think, would be in detecting success, particularly since there
    isn't any one guaranteed voice or script that would be heard across all
    voicemail systems.