Re: Cross Site Tracing examples?

From: tim (tim-securityat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 20:29:43 PDT

    Hello Todd,

    > I'm looking for some detailed examples of XST. Google didn't turn up much
    > except tons of press releases that the vulnerability exists, but I
    > couldn't find any examples or exploit code to go along with it. In fact, I
    > couldn't even find XST in the CVE database.
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

    Obviously, the first place to start would be the Whitehat advisory, and
    from there I would read the thread on webappsec about it.

    XST doesn't give you a whole lot, from what I understand, except for a
    way to obtain HTTP AUTH passwords when you already have an XSS.  The key
    is the XML request objects in IE and Mozilla.

    good luck,
    tim

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team? Now you can get
    trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest techniques from a
    world-class research group.

    Visit us at: www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_ept1
    or call 617-399-6980