Re: Cold Fusion and Sql Injection

From: morning_wood (se_cur_ityat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:30:51 PDT

    mby some help at
    http://nothackers.org/pipermail/0day/2003-June/000091.html

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "George Fekkas" <G.Fekkas@encode-sec.com>
    To: <pen-testat_private>
    Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 10:12 AM
    Subject: Cold Fusion and Sql Injection

    ----------

    > I am performing a web application penetration test by using SQL
    Injection method.The site uses Cold fusion. My problem is that
    anything I pass as a parameter to a field and I get the following
    error.

    > ODBC Error Code = 22005 (Error in assignment)
    >
    > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Syntax error
    converting the nvarchar value ‘my parameter here’ to a column of data
    type int.

    > For example, if I place a simple quote I get the following:
    >
    > Syntax error converting the nvarchar value ‘’’ to a column of data
    type int.

    > Or if I place a @@Version function I get the following:
    >
    > Syntax error converting the nvarchar value ‘@@Version’ to a column
    of data type int.

    > Etc..
    >
    > Normally, when you pass a single quote as a parameter, the Server
    returns the following:

    > ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation), and the
    error message is normally ‘Incorrect syntax error …’ OR ‘Unclosed
    quotation mark …’

    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem?Can anyone tell me what
    really happens behind it? I mean how the cold fusion application
    handles input validation in conjunction with ODBC driver?Does cold
    fusion use special functions for input validation?

    --------

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team? Now you can get
    trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest techniques from a