Re: Cold Fusion and Sql Injection

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino (jfernandezat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 02:11:56 PDT

    morning_wood wrote:
    > mby some help at
    > http://nothackers.org/pipermail/0day/2003-June/000091.html

    I fail to see how your pointer (to an exploitation of a XSS
    vulnerability in Coldfusion using iframes?) relates to the original
    question (SQL injection + Cold Fusion).

    Answering George, I would suggest that this is _not_ an error of Cold
    Fusion input validation but of a stored procedure being used in the SQL
    server. Probably, the cold fusion engine just calls an procedure in the
    SQL server with the input as parameters and the code in there is the one
    trying to do the conversion.

    Notice that you are only seeing ODBC-SQL server errors, no errors code
    from Cold Fusion there so it looks like Cold Fusion is passing things
    blindly.

    Regards

    Javi

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team? Now you can get
    trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest techniques from a
    world-class research group.

    Visit us at: www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_ept1
    or call 617-399-6980