RE: Honeypot detection and countermeasures

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 06:58:14 PDT

    This wouldn't work.  Seeing the packets/traffic on the wire doesn't tell you
    the tools that are used, and it also doesn't really give you much else.
    Considering that a honeypot is either not really rootable (DTK) or is very
    low hanging fruit (and very rootable, like a honeynet.org system), they
    either won't see tools downloaded to the system or won't see anything more
    than the bare minimum needed to exploit a system that is too vulnerable to
    begin with.

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team? Now you can get
    trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest techniques from a
    world-class research group.

    Visit us at: www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_ept1
    or call 617-399-6980