Unusual Web Server

From: charrin2at_private
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 11:45:44 PDT

    All,

    I have found a web server that I cannot identify. It is listening on port
    5050. When I telnet to it I get:

    telnet host.foobar.com 5050
    Trying 10.10.10.10...
    Connected to host.foobar.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.

    HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Date: Tue,  8 July 2003 14:59:05
    Server: Web/R5_2_2

    400 Bad Request
    Connection closed by foreign host.

    If I try to browse to it I am prompted for a username / password. After
    entering the wrong password I get the ususal 401 unauthorized. The default
    page is layout.html

    Any help would be appreciated.

    --Chris

    The Lightning Console aggregates IDS events, correlates them with
    vulnerability info, reduces false positives with the click of a button, anddistributes this information to hundreds of users.

    Visit Tenable Network Security at http://www.tenablesecurity.com to learn
    more.