Re: Unusual Web Server

From: Bill Pennington (billpat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 12:37:20 PDT

    I am pretty sure that is a Domino web server though I am not 100% sure.

    I would try using netcat
    http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/network_utilities/ instead of
    telnet. Many versions of telnet try to send a userid as part of the
    connection and I think that is why you are getting the "400 Bad
    Request" initially.

    A request to try:

    OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1
    Host: host.foobar.com

    This will generally spill the beans.

    On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 11:45 AM, "" <charrin2at_private> wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I have found a web server that I cannot identify. It is listening on
    > port
    > 5050. When I telnet to it I get:
    >
    > telnet host.foobar.com 5050
    > Trying 10.10.10.10...
    > Connected to host.foobar.com.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    >
    > HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    > Date: Tue,  8 July 2003 14:59:05
    > Server: Web/R5_2_2
    >
    > 400 Bad Request
    > Connection closed by foreign host.
    >

    > If I try to browse to it I am prompted for a username / password. After
    > entering the wrong password I get the ususal 401 unauthorized. The
    > default
    > page is layout.html
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > --Chris

    > ----
    > The Lightning Console aggregates IDS events, correlates them with
    > vulnerability info, reduces false positives with the click of a
    > button, anddistributes this information to hundreds of users.
    >
    > Visit Tenable Network Security at http://www.tenablesecurity.com to
    > learn
    > more.
    > -----