Detecting DNS Servers

From: Rodrigo Ramos (rodrigo.ramosat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 06:22:56 PDT

    Hi,

    I need a help from the community.
    At this moment I am reading papers from NIST and ISECOM (osstmm2.0).
    I need to know the very best way to discover the versions of DNS
    servers.
    I need to write a paper about it.I all ready wrote something, but I need
    to hear from everybody.

    Best Regards,
    Rodrigo Ramos
    http://www.spytket.com.br

    The Lightning Console aggregates IDS events, correlates them with
    vulnerability info, reduces false positives with the click of a button, anddistributes this information to hundreds of users.

    Visit Tenable Network Security at http://www.tenablesecurity.com to learn
    more.