Antwort: Re: ISDN wardialer

From: Rolf vom Stein (Rolf.vom.Steinat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 02:05:24 PDT

    >> Looking for an ISDN wardialer to do an assessment on
    >> about 250 ISDN lines to make sure nothing is listening.
    >> Not sure how to do this with a regular war dialer.

    >Working principle for an ISDN wardialer is the same as a classical
    >analogue wardialer - with the exception that ISDN offers a handful of
    >different services. So you'll have to try all services: HLDC, X.75 with
    >various suboptions, transparent - and of course analogue
    >voice/fax/modem. So it's a bit more complicated - especially since
    >return codes are not always consistent (e.g. sometimes BUSY = busy or
    >service not available, etc.).

    >Special ISDN wardialers do exist - but the two software companies I know
    >of(both German) charge ca. 1 EUR per tried, named phone number. Thus we
    >developed our own - marketing is not decided yet, so currently only
    >available as complete consulting service. Sorry...

    >Volker Tanger

    Yes, one of the tools is T_KIT (www.t_kit.de), but the price is not one Euro
    per try. The tool is designed for verifing the extensions. So, the license is
    bound to a set of numbers, but you may check the numbers as often you want.
    (The numbers of modems is varies with daytime! Think of all the analogues FAX-lines in the offices.)

    Most of the ISDN-CIPs are tested by the tool. All analogue connection are checked
    for modem/fax/speech. OS is Windows NT/2K/XP

    Prices: incl. special HW (i.e. PCMCIA or PCU ISDN-card, since we had to modify
                                   the driver ;))
     Numbers             PCI-Version             PCMCIA
     <1500                   € 2600               € 2700
     <5000                   € 4850               € 4950
     <10000                  € 7350               € 7450

    Viele Grüße / best regards
                 Rolf vom Stein
                 IT Security Services

       TÜV Secure iT  GmbH