Port 7777 oddities

From: Nick Jacobsen (nickat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 09:55:48 PDT

    Hey there, hoping I could get some help...

    I am doing a blind penetration test for a local ISP, and on one of their
    *nix boxes, I came accross port 7777 open.  When I connection to it
    (using netcat), I get the message "1 has joined."...  but I can get
    nothing else out of it, no matter what I try.  any idea on what this
    might be?

    Thanks,
    Nick Jacobsen
    Ethics Design