bsd lpd overflow (work in progress - not working)

From: Renaud Deraison (deraisonat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 18:56:10 PDT

    Attached is a plugin that should test for the lpd overflow described
    in a recent ISS advisory, and for which the OpenBSD patch 014 has been
    released.

    I've not had much time to investigate the issue, and I've to work
    blindly as I currently do not have access to any lpd-enabled BSD box
    (I'll be back home soon though :)

    Basically, according to the patch, the overflow just seems to be a
    matter of sending an oversized job name, and then asking the printer
    to print its queue (although I may completely be wrong - once again I've
    had little time to dedicate to that issue).

    Attached is a plugin skeleton. It's likely to not work. If you happen to
    have time on your hands, try it and fix it ;)