Re: cisco password (analysis)

From: Renaud Deraison (deraisonat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 08:57:07 PDT

    On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:09:14PM -0000, Noam Rathaus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Will this API be ready for Nessus 1.1?

    This can be done. However, I'm not really convinced about the need for
    brute force attacks plugins, except while doing a pen-test.

    Most of the time, you'd better off logguing in the system, extract the
    password base, and bruteforce the passwords locally.

    But if people see an interest in doing that over the network, well, I
    guess I'll implement get_next_username() and get_next_password() (or
    whatever I'll call them)

    				-- Renaud