Re: Fw: New vulnerability in IIS4.0/5.0

From: John Q. Public (tpublicat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 10:19:04 PDT

    Of course this doesn't actually test for the presence of Nimda, nor does it
    successfully prove vulnerability, since it is rumored to travel via email and
    obviously is being served by infected http servers.

    I've seen hosts that are pecking at my door that do not have IIS running,
    but it was pretty clear by the file shares and the number of .eml files
    that it wasn't feeling well.

    .nhoJ