RE: arbitrary TCP data packets

From: Jackson, Dennis (Dennis.Jacksonat_private)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 06:53:09 PDT

    That looks like the elegant option. It would be nice to be able to find out
    details of the socket once it is open.

    Surely it just needs to be a variation of get_tcp_elements. If I could
    supply a socket instead of a packet, then my problem is solved.
    src_port = get_tcp_elements(socket: soc, element: "th_sport");

    The alternative of using IP filtering (local firewall) to supress the -> RST
    ACK is a cludge.

    This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.