arbitrary TCP data packets

From: Jackson, Dennis (Dennis.Jacksonat_private)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 06:21:18 PDT

    I've read through several of the scripts and the list archive but I still
    can't see if there is a way to send arbitrary TCP data packets in the middle
    of a TCP connection.

    The sequence I want to achieve is:

    -> SYN
    <- SYN ACK
    -> ACK
    -> DATA
    -> DATA with incorrect sequence number

    As far as I can see from previous discussions, forge_tcp_packet cannot be
    used to establish the 3-way handshake as the <- SYN ACK triggers a -> RST
    ACK from the local IP stack.

    Alternatively, trying to use open_sock_tcp, when I come to the
    forge_tcp_packet I don't know what value to use for th_sport. There doesn't
    seem to be a way to find out what source port has been allocated by
    open_sock_tcp. If I leave th_sport blank, then forge_tcp_pack inserts zero
    rather than the current value.

    Does anyone know a way to send TCP data packets with arbitrary options set?

    Dennis Jackson
    -

    This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.