Re: Routing protocols

From: Michel Arboi (mikhailat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 15:19:58 PDT

    Pavel Kankovsky <peakat_private> writes:

    > The bogus route should time out in a few minutes (the router has a BIG
    > problem otherwise).

    The proble is named RIP if I remember well :)
    Convergence is slooooooow.

    > I am not sure explicit removal will make it disappear
    > considerably sooner (esp. in the case when the route would be propagated
    > to other routers and esp).

    This is cleaner, IMHO:
    "Deletions can occur for one of two reasons: (1) the timeout expires,
    or (2) the metric is set to 16 because of an update received from the
    current gateway." (from RFC 1058)

    We should try to torture other protocols. Any candidate? OSPF maybe?

    --
    arboiat_private	http://arboi.da.ru
    FAQNOPI de fr.comp.securite http://faqnopi.da.ru/