[Plugins-writers] Newbie learning NASL2 - display( )

From: Benjamin Sayo (Benjamin_Sayo@private)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 13:01:25 PST

    Hi all,

     I've written a simple script so I can learn NASL2 and I've been using
    security_note() and security_warning() to check if a scan worked or not.

    Can I use the display() function to debug my script? Where is the output
    sent to? I've checked nessusd.messages and tried setting logfile in
    nessusd.conf to stderr.

    Any advice on developing plugins would be greatly appreciated. Example:
    Can I upload a plugin from a Nessus client then use it right away
    without having to restart the server?

    Ben

    PS - Thanks for your answer to my previous post. Is there a document
    anywhere with current state of the C API? I'll stick to NASL2, but just
    in case. Thanks again.