Re: [Plugins-writers] On the copyright of the Nessus reports...

From: sullo@private
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 08:52:33 PST

    I personally don't care all that much about the copyright on the few plugins
    I've written--but some of you might.

    However, I would hate to see any situation where someone creating a private
    report (i.e., for people inside their company)  would be hesitant to use the
    exact output from a Nessus report because they have some fear (real or imagined)
    that they may be violating copyrights to distribute it internally. That will
    only hurt Nessus in the long term.

    Also what about the logisitics of tracking who has the (c)?  I write a plugin,
    Michel modifies it to fix spelling errors, Renaud adds a French translation, and
    Joe then fixes a bug in a code... do you really want to have three copyright
    statements for that output?

    Thanks
    -Sullo