RE: [Plugins-writers] Unsynchronised clock detection

From: dennis.jackson (dennis.jackson@private)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 07:18:24 PDT

This is a plugin I had wanted to write for a long time, but unixtime() has only just become available.

A few observations ....
(a) Some Cisco products seem to set the top bit in the first byte of the response to the ICMP timestamp query.
(b) Could the actual time of day (local and remote) be reported in the results.
(c) In other areas, scripts only check one thing. This would mean that each route for recovering the remote time should be a separate script.
(d) The HTTP test may need to test both 80 and 443 as they could return different results. So this become a general test on all web server ports.
(e) The SMTP banner often includes the date and time.

Dennis.