RE: [Plugins-writers] Unsynchronised clock detection

From: Martin O'Neal (martin.oneal@private)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 08:20:11 PDT

> This is a plugin I had wanted to write for a long time...

Likewise!

> (a) Some Cisco products seem to set the top bit in the first byte...

Any ideas which ones? The specs don't seem to require the TIMESTAMP
field to be in any particular order, so some are little-endian and some
big-endian. Is this a variation on the theme?

> (b) Could the actual time of day (local and remote)....

Not a problem for UTC, however local time would end up being a sandwich
(no mayonnaise).

> (c) In other areas, scripts only check one thing.

Agreed!

> (d) The HTTP test may need to test both 80 and 443...

Doesn't the script already cover this through the call to
get_http_port()?