Re: [Plugins-writers] Dynamic Descriptions in Plugins

From: George Theall (theall@private)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 17:10:38 PST

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 05:02:59PM -0700, Erik Stephens wrote:

> Ideally, it would have both the general commentary plus the dynamic
> version piece in the note's description.  What's the best way to do
> that?  I'd like to do something like:
>
>     security_note(port:port, data:string(get_desc(), '\n\n', ver))
>
> but I can't find a function to give me the plugin's description.

To my knowledge, there isn't a function to do this.

Typically the descriptive text is defined in the plugin's "description
part" and hence doesn't have scope outside that code block, but it
doesn't need to be this way.  Instead, you can define it, say, at the
top of the plugin and refer to it both in the description part as well
as when reporting a vulnerability.  See, for example, my imp_detect.nasl
(plugin #12643).

George
--
theall@private