Re: [Plugins-writers] Checking NAV

From: Nicolas Pouvesle (npouvesle@private)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 13:37:07 PST

Uri Gilad wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently spotted the nav_installed.nasl plugin (12106).
> Does it work on XP ?
>  - on XP SP 2 ?
>
> has anyone had any experience with it ?, it fails utterly on my XP SP2 machine.

You need to provide administrator rights.

On your windows machine, Remote Registry Service must be started.
If your system is a Worgroup you must do that to :

run gpedit.msc

go to Computer configuration -> Windows settings -> Security settings ->
Local Policies -> Security Options

And switch value of "Network access: Sharing and security model for
local accounts" to Classic - local users authenticate as themselves.

If you don't do that you will try to connect as guest and you won't be
able to look into the registry.

Hope it will help like we still need to fix some value for mcafee and
norton scripts.

Regards,

Nicolas