Re: [Plugins-writers] Plugin ID 11485

From: Scott Clowers (sclowers@private)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 07:53:03 PST

Nicolas Pouvesle wrote:

Are your plugins up to date ? There was a bug some times ago in XP service
pack check.

Yes, I ran the update this morning and rescanned the same computer and it
still flags the RPC Endpoint Mapper vulnerability that Plugin ID 11485 tests
for. However, I have installed the patch for this issue. I'm not very
familiar with the NASL language yet, but in reading the source code for this
plugin, the following code makes me think it is only looking for SP2 on Win
XP:

if ( hotfix_check_sp(nt:7, win2k:4, xp:2) <= 0 ) exit(0);

else security_hole(get_kb_item("SMB/transport"));

Am I interpreting this correctly or am I missing something?