[Plugins-writers] nikto without output

From: Kaiser Dr., Thomas (LfStaD) (Thomas.Kaiser@private)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 08:02:21 PDT

Hi,

I'm running nessus 2.2.5 and nikto on linux and experienced a strange
problem.
As soon as two "Services/www" ports are available, the nikto results are
no longer in the nessus reports.

I tried already "non_simult_ports" and the timeout values. I also run
direct with "nasl -t xxx nikto.nasl".
It's always the same nikto is run, but no output is found by nessus. The
typical run-time is in these cases about 240 seconds.
The timeout is set to 900. I added some debugging output to the
nikto.nasl, but nothing changed. It looks that the nikto command is
executed and no output is found.

Has anybody some more ideas?

Thanks and regards

Thomas