[Plugins-writers] Custom plugins do not work after 3.0 upgrade.

From: Simon Prazak (infosecpw@private)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 13:53:39 PST

This may not be a question for this list however I will ask it since I am not sure where else to go.  I have upgraded the nessus engine to the 3.0 version today on a FreeBSD 5.4 patch level 8.  Nessus starts without any problems however when I connect with the WX client I get the following message in the nessusd.messages indicating that there was a problem loading my custom scripts which would load just fine under the older version.  The error I get is

[Thu Dec 15 16:41:14 2005][1007] Inconsistent data: "My CUSTOM SCRIPT NAME" - not applying this plugin

Has anyone run into this and know what the problem might be.  I would run a parse check with both versions of nasl utility and get no errors.  I understand that the nasl v.3 is backwards compatible with the version 2.  Also does anyone know if there is a NASL v.3 guide somewhere.

Any help is appreciated