Re: [Plugins-writers] 3 TOPICS

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 04:41:02 PST

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:12:11PM +0100, Andrea Governatori wrote:

> 1) I would to know if in my Nessus (2.2.6) already exist some
> +  dictionary list that can i use to entry password and userid
> +  on my script.

There's no general list per se. Most plugins use a highly targetted list
of usernames / passwords (say, known default credentials) rather than
trying to brute-force logins.

There is, though, a collection of plugins for running Hydra against
various services (eg, hydra*.nasl), and they allow a user to specify a
list of usernames and passwords to work with. You might try building
your plugin around those.

> 2) How is the nasl function to provide at the nessus client
> +  the possibility to set some parameter that my script can
> +  use at the scanning moment ?

In the script description block, you call script_add_preference() to
make it available in the client; and when the script runs, you call
script_get_preference() to retrieve the value. Take a look at
hydra_options.nasl as an example.

George
--
theall@private