Re: [Plugins-writers] Writing messages to logs

From: Ferdy Riphagen (f.riphagen@private)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 13:05:03 PDT

Ryan Petti wrote:
> Excellent.
>
> Now my only issue is my display and x_print calls aren't working. I've
> verified that the nessusd.dump file is being touched everytime I run a
> scan, but the file is always empty. Is there a setting I'm missing
> somewhere?

if you have a display statement and run the script via NASL CLI does it
display any output?
a display won't show up in nessusd.dump.

include global_settings.inc and use a debug_level, like debug_level = 1;
This must show information in NASL CLI and the nessusd.dump file.

you can also use the file dump.inc for debuging
dump(ddata:abc, dtitle:def);

-- Ferdy