RE: [Plugins-writers] Writing messages to logs

From: Josh Zlatin (josh@private)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 14:07:25 PDT

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Ryan Petti wrote:

> Excellent.
>
> Now my only issue is my display and x_print calls aren't working. I've
> verified that the nessusd.dump file is being touched everytime I run a
> scan, but the file is always empty. Is there a setting I'm missing
> somewhere?

The display() / log_print() / debug_print() functions should write to
nessus.dump provided the plugin's being run and the execution is
reaching the debugging function calls.

As Ferdy suggested, a simple test would be to try to launch the plugin
from a commandline. This should turn up any syntax errors in the plugin
that would prevent it from running.

If the logs show the plugin is being launched and the execution reaches
the debugging statements, but you still do not see the output in nessusd.dump
the plugin database might need to be regenerated with "nessusd -R".

--
  - Josh