Re: [Plugins-writers] snmp communication

From: Douglas Nordwall (doug@private)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 06:24:11 PDT

thanks! that did the trick on the display

However, that really wasn't the core question :) I'm interested to
know why I can snmpget with the proper community name and get back
that oid, yet nessus doesn't. It seems a little off, as
snmpwalk_portscan.nasl does actually work and get the community name.

On Sep 27, 2006, at 4:07 AM, Renaud Deraison wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Douglas Nordwall wrote:
>
> > So, i'm working off the GPL dont_scan_printers.nasl script, and i
> > cannot figure out why i'm not getting anything back when I hit the
> > snmp port
> >
> > --code--
> > if ( get_kb_item("SNMP/community") )
> > {
> > port = get_kb_item("SNMP/port");
> > community = get_kb_item("SNMP/community");
> > soc = open_sock_udp (port);
> > if (  soc )
> > {
> >   security_note(port:port, data: port);
>

> Try :
>
>   security_note(port:port, data:string(port));
>

> As security_note() expects a string, not an integer.
>
> You may also want to use display() when working on command-line mode
> instead of these calls.
>

>                                         -- Renaud

Doug Nordwall
Unix Administrator
EMSL Computer and Network Support
Unclassified Computer Security
Phone: (509)372-6776; Fax: (509)376-0420
The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.