RE: [Plugins-writers] snmp communication

From: Nordwall, Douglas J (doug@private)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 06:48:46 PDT

Thanks, that did it!

You might want to make the same change (snmp_request->scan_snmp_string)
to don't_scan_printers.nasl (id 11933). It's not working because of that
error on our network. The desc never gets populated in the JETDIRECT
snmp check at the top.

>From what I've seen here, if you request oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 directly,
you will speed up the scan (scan_snmp_string reads in a lot of data) and
should be pretty accurate (at least my printers all seem to respond to
that).