[Plugins-writers] reading specific registry values on remote computers with Domain Admin priveleges

From: James Kelly (macubergeek@private)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 09:34:47 PDT

I was wondering if it was possible to use Nessus to test a remote
computer's registry settings for specified settings (0 or 1) or some
arbitrary value and return false if not set to the specified value?

One of the things I'm not clear about is if having Domain Admin privs
would be sufficient to read a remote registry in the first place or
would I have to specifically enable remote registry access too.

I've got a series of registry keys I need to read (test) for
specified settings.

Is there an existing plugin anyone would suggest I look at as a
starting point?

Jim