Re: [Plugins-writers] Build question

From: Ferdy Riphagen (f.riphagen@private)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 11:00:44 PST

Chambers, Daryl [HDS] wrote:
> I am trying to set up a plugin, but this is my first one.  What steps do
> I need to take to ensure that the plugin works?  I ran the build, but
> the plugin did not seem to work.  I am using the Nessus Console for
> Windows 1.4.5 and Nessus 3.0.5
Hi Daryl

The problem could be anywhere but here a few options you could check.

Can you see the plugin from within the nessus console? (search the
script_id)
Try to add some debug info to the script, to see more verbose info (and
post them here if you can)
Run it via the nasl cmd sysntax like 'nasl -t [ip] [yourscript.nasl]'
Watch nessusd.messages and nessusd.dump (if you have debugging enabled)
for errors
Is the test string correct for what you want to test?
Do you have all required info like script_id, description, script_name,
script_copyright etc.

I would go for testing it via the nasl command line, and add debug
parameters first. If it works there then try it from console.

--Ferdy--